In order to ensure a more diverse and globally representative Coalition, the Under2 Coalition will be led by the following governance structure.
The work of the Under2 Coalition is driven by our Co-Chairs, which represent and promote our collective vision and goals. Our Co-Chairs are:
- Edmund G. Brown Jr., Governor of California
- Philippe Couillard, Premier of Québec
- Winfried Kretschmann, Minister-President of Baden-Württemberg
- Willies Mchunu, Premier of KwaZulu-Natal
- Aristóteles Sandoval, Governor of Jalisco
- Jay Weatherill, Premier of South Australia
The Co-Chairs are supported by a Steering Group, which determines and oversees the strategic direction.
Our Steering Group member governments are: Australian Capital Territory, Baden-Württemberg, Basque Country, Brittany, California, Catalonia, Jalisco, KwaZulu-Natal, Lombardy, North Rhine-Westphalia, Ontario, Québec, São Paulo, South Australia, Vermont, Wales.
The Global Ambassador helps to raise the awareness of the Coalition’s ambitions globally. Our Global Ambassador is Christiana Figueres, former Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and Convener of Mission 2020.
For more information, please read the Under2 Coalition Governance Terms of Reference.